Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Should You Always be Closing?

In a recent interview conducted with a current customer of our client, we found the following feedback about the ongoing relationship with the sales team:

“Each time they talk with a different person in my company, it always seems like they are trying to sell something else. You always get that sales aspect even though we've already passed that point. I would like them to be more personable and conversational, and deal with the reason we called the meeting. Let’s talk more about what we are trying to do as a company. If I don’t have any needs right now, don’t push me. When I do have a need, you’ll be the first one I call.”

While selling skills are always important, this example tells me that one must take care to be a trusted resource first, sales rep second.
Just a little lesson learned from feedback gathered

No comments: